The Run


So my mom got a treadmill for her birthday. It's been calling my name I swear. I have been wanting to run for so long, but it's just not safe to do here. The roads are slick 80% of the time, and there are no sidewalks. I have been tempted to just run along the shoulder of the highway, but really...I'd rather stay alive.


This treadmill though, it's perfect, I can put the boys on the bed, turn on a movie, then off I go. Today was techinically my second time on the thing, but my first run. It amazes me how terrible I am at this whole running thing. Though I'll admit, I haven't even ran since high school, 10 years ago, and even then half the time I hung out in the locker room while everyone else ran.

Not today though, today I hauled me and the boys downstairs and started that baby up. I need to get my stamina back up. I'd like to run a whole mile without giving up, without slowing down, just keeping a nice even pace. That's my goal, not to lose weight, not to run fast, but to go a certain distance without giving up.

Wish me luck.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment