Trial Run



Ok, I'm gunna make this post short and sweet (ha!).

This fondant cake....it was nearly the death of me, not because it was super hard to make the fondant part....just many other factors that came into play.

1. I didn't count for the humidity that we have here...which is a LOT. It made the drying process pretty difficult, but leaving it sit throughout the day helped.

2. NEVER ever ever ever EVER ... leave cake in a toddlers reach, unless you actually want them to have it. Logan took a nice chunk of my bottom layer.

3. Never simultaneously cook pizza and cake, especially when the cake is underneath. I had to pick out 4 olives and a sausage out of the top layer, poor cake.

All in all, since this was my practice cake, I'd have to say that it was a success, it looks decent. The taste testing will be on Friday, unless the cake doesn't make it till then. We'll see!

It was definitely a fun experience, I can't wait to get started on Lucas' cake ;)

Orange colored Strawberry cake :)


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment