Let them have CAKE!




Starting my first fondant cake today has been pretty interesting. I always assumed that these beautiful cakes were beyond my cake making abilities...I'm determined to prove that my assumption was way off. This week is my baby brother's birthday, I've no idea what to get him, so instead I'm going to give him the gift of my first cake making experiment. I'm still not sure if that's a nice gift, or an evil one, BUT he's my brother so either way it fits.

I started out making the fondant today, I'm leaving it out to set for 24 hours, then I'll be getting ready to decorate. I'm slightly nervous, but WAY more excited. Here's my setting fondant... starting it made me want to give up automatically, it was an awful and sticky mess...but with more and more powdered sugar (2lbs) I ended up being able to handle it a
bit better and got it to a more workable condition...


Also, on another note, I am posting my raw unedited pictures from my Oldschool Challenge. These were taken yesterday (Mother's Day). I love my beebees!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment